The free Smartphone scheme for students by the government of Andhra Pradesh is a very noble move towards transforming the state digital. This will enable the youth to transact and connect digitally and aid in transforming our country into a Digital India. All the details regarding this new scheme like its registration process, eligibility criteria, and its benefits can be checked out in this article. So read on!
Andhra Pradesh Free Smartphone Scheme 2021
With the whole world transitioning into a digital world where everything from payment to education is diversifying into online mode. The necessity of a smartphone has never been this high. To make the state of Andhra Pradesh a digital and cashless state, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has come up with this new scheme of providing free smartphones to students in Andhra Pradesh. According to this scheme, all the students who belong to the backward classes are eligible for it.
1. Benefits for Students
With the advent of this scheme, every poor student can get their own smartphone. They can now get access to all the online educational videos and courses. Apart from that, most of the information like their exam schedules, results will now be just a click away from therm. This will help in transforming their lives for the better.
Payments for most services like college fees, tuition fees, and transport fees have now shifted to the online mode, so having a smartphone will help them to make payments hassle-free. The student can also stay connected to the world and stay updated with all the things that are happening around the world.
2. Eligibility criteria
Now, that we know all about this scheme. Let us check out the eligibility criteria for this scheme
- All students who are below the poverty line and hold the BPL ration card can apply for this.
- You must also be a permanent citizen of Andhra Pradesh.
- A valid identity card of the school, college, or Aadhar card, Voter ID card is mandatory.
3. Required documents
You will need the following documents to apply for the Andhra Pradesh free smartphone scheme 2021 if, you come under the eligibility criteria.
- Xerox of your Aadhar card
- Xerox of your BPL card
- A copy of your school/college identity card
How to Apply for the Free smartphone Scheme 2021 for Students?
Well, the scheme has not yet been posted on the official website. But is expected to be put up for registration soon. So, let me run you through the basic steps you must follow once the registration for this free smartphone scheme for students starts.
- To begin with, visit the official website of the Andhra Pradesh free Smartphone Scheme once it is launched.
- You will then have to register the beneficiary of the scheme on the website. For this, you will have to fill an application form. Make sure to fill in all the important details carefully like your parents’ details, mobile number, Aadhar card number, e-mail id.
- You will then receive an OTP to your registered mobile number, for verification purposes.
- Upload all your documents and click on the “Submit” option.
- The registration number will be displayed on your screen, note it down.
- So, if you need any additional information, you can check it on the official website of the Andhra Pradesh government.
Having a smartphone has become very essential nowadays because all important notifications for jobs, exams, and interviews are now accessible only through that. They’re wonderful resources for education in the form of articles, videos, images, texts, and courses on the internet, which can be accessed through Smartphones.
Hence, introducing this new scheme for providing free smartphones for students is a praise-worthy decision. I hope at the end of this article, you could understand all about the Andhra Pradesh free Smartphone scheme for students. If you have any doubts or queries, please list them down in the comments section below. Thank you.