Ayushman Bharat Yojana is specially launched to serve the lower section of society. These families cannot afford expensive healthcare, this is why special provided by the Government for them. Ayushmaan Bharat was launched by Prime minister Modi in the year 2018. This scheme is completely digital and everything happens online. Through this scheme, the Government is trying to serve at least 10 crores of underprivileged families. In the union budget of 2020, the Government has put aside a sum of 69000 rupees for this scheme. Through the insurance money provided by the Government, the family will be able to avail good facilities.
If you come to this article to know more about this scheme, then you are at the right place. Here we shall be discussing all the important aspects of this scheme. We shall see the procedure of registration for this scheme. In this article, I will discuss the list of critical diseases covered under this scheme. So all you need to do now is to just scroll down and start reading.
- 1 Prominent Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 2 Facilities Are Given Under the Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana
- 3 Eligibility for This Scheme
- 4 Ayushman Bharat Registration Process
- 5 Procedure for Downloading Your Ayushmaan Bharat Card
- 6 Ayushmaan Bharat Hospitalisation Process
- 7 Update in the Ayushmaan Bharat Scheme
- 8 Conclusion
Prominent Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Over here, we shall be looking at the benefits of this scheme. I am listing down the benefits below.
- All the healthcare facilities provided under this scheme are fully free of cost.
- Under this scheme, the Government also provides money for post-hospitalization things.
- It provides medical treatment for a large number of diseases. Under this scheme, the Government also provides packages for several expensive surgeries related to the brain and heart.
- If the patient has to undergo multiple surgeries, the Government shall pay fully for the first, but it will only cover up to 50% in the second and 25 % in the third.
- It also covers cancer treatment and the cost of oncology.
- You can avail of this scheme from anywhere around India.
These are the benefits you get, under this scheme.
Facilities Are Given Under the Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana
Now, I am going to talk about the facilities you get under this scheme.
1. Basic Facilities
Here, I am going to discuss the basic benefits one gets under this scheme. This scheme covers all the following listed below.
- Food for the patient during the treatment.
- Charges are taken for Hospital accommodation.
- fee for medical examination, consultation fee, and treatment.
- Expenses for pre and post-hospitalization will also be covered under this scheme.
- All expenses for ICU and non-intensive healthcare are given.
- The government also incurs the cost of new prosthetic limbs or medical limbs.
- medicines and consumables for the patients.
These are the basic facilities. Now I shall be talking about the list of critical diseases, this scheme covers.
2. Critical Diseases Covered
The scheme not only covers small medical benefits but also many critical diseases. The treatment of these diseases is generally very expensive. But under the scheme, the Government fully covers these diseases and you get free of cost treatment.
- Tissue expander treatment in case of burn
- Anterior spine fixation
- Skull base surgery
- Carotid angioplasty using a stent
- Prostate cancer
- Pulmonary valve surgery
- Double valve replacement surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
Eligibility for This Scheme
There are separate eligibility criteria for both urban and rural people. Down below, I shall be listing down both of them.
1. Eligibility for Rural
The eligibility for the Ayushhmaan Bharat Yojana for rural people is as follows.
- The household which does not have any earning member, male member (adult or elder) earning person will be entitled to this scheme.
- Households who do have a disabled person and have no earing members.
- Scavenger families
- Manual laborers who have landless households. People who have income in form of daily wages.
- Families who live in Kuchha houses.
2. Eligibility for Urban
Here are the people who are eligible for this scheme, under the urban category.
- Street vendors, Hawkers, cobblers
- Waiters, shop workers, peons,
- Transport workers, rickshaw pullers, bus conductors, pullers
- Washerman/ woman, plumber, mason
- Artisans, handcraft makers, sanitation workers, sweepers.
- electrician, fitter/ assembler, repair worker
- Construction worker, coolie, wielder, security guard, daily wage laborer.
These were the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Apart from this, an important thing to mention is that this scheme is not for established people like Government servants, private company officers, people working in corporate offices.
Now we shall see how you can apply for this scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Registration Process
Here, we shall be looking at the Ayushmaan Bharat registration process.
1. Documents Required
Before I move to the registration process, let me discuss the documents required to complete the process.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Documents verifying the current status of the family.
- Adhaar card and PAN card
2. Apply Online
Now we shall talk about the registration process step by step. You
- First, go to the official site of Ayushmaan Bharti website. Click on the am I eligible option.
- After that go ahead and log into the website using your credentials.
- Next, you need to enter your mobile number.
- Enter the Captcha carefully.
- Then click on generate OTP.
- After this, you have to again put that OTP on the site to verify yourself.
- Next, you need to complete the necessary information which you need to fill in.
This is how you can register for the Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana.
Procedure for Downloading Your Ayushmaan Bharat Card
Over here, I am going to talk about how you can download the Ayushmaan Bharat card from the site.
- First of all, visit the official site of Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana.
- Next log into the site with your credentials.
- After that enter your Adhaar card and move ahead.
- Tap on the option of the Approved beneficiary.
- Now you will be redirected to a help center page.
- After this, you have to enter the password and pin.
- Now you shall go back to the home page and here you will find your Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana card.
This is how you are supposed to get your card online.
Ayushmaan Bharat Hospitalisation Process
If you have to hospitalize yourself, you have to do so by visiting the hospital. In any hospital, you will find Ayushmaan Mitras in the helpdesk. They are present to connect you to the hospital. Go to one of them and give them your documents, they will verify your documents, check your eligibility and help you with the enrollment process. After this, they will give you a letter which you have to intimate to the hospital authorities.
Update in the Ayushmaan Bharat Scheme
Recently, the Government has also included Covid-19 in this scheme. People who cannot afford treatment for COVID can get it by making an Ayushmaan Bharat card.
Hope this article has helped you know more about this scheme. You can now use this information to avail of this offer. If you know somebody who should have this offer, get the word to them. With that, we end this article here.