Keeping in mind the need to ensure minimal travel and movement in the state of Punjab, the Punjab Government has come up with their Lockdown Pass- Punjab E Pass. Only with this pass will you be able to travel in and outside the state. To know all the important details about the Punjab E pass, like its registration process, status, and current rules, stay on this article till the end.
Punjab E Pass 2021
The Punjab E pass is provided only for those people who are involved in essential services. Essential services majorly comprise departments like healthcare, manufacturing units, financial sector to name a few. If your reason for travel is not satisfactory, your application will not be approved. So, make sure to apply only if necessary. Whenever you travel in Punjab, make sure to have the Punjab E-pass with you else you will fall into serious trouble for curbing the Lockdown rules.
How to Register for the Punjab E-Pass?
Well, there are different registration methods that you could employ to register yourself for the Punjab E pass. If you are traveling only within the state, then you will have to get yourself a Lockdown E pass. On the contrary, if you are willing to travel in, out, or through the Punjab state to reach elsewhere, then you will have to get your E-Registration done. So, let us see both of these methods for getting your Punjab E Pass.
1. Travel only within the State of Punjab
When you are willing to travel only within the state of Punjab, you will need the Punjab Lockdown E Pass. So, let me run you through the steps that you must follow-:
- To begin with, first, visit the official website of the Government of Punjab by clicking here.
- Select the Lockdown Pass option and in the application form that opens up, fill in all your details.
- It is compulsory to upload two Government approved photo identity cards along with your passport size photo. Aadhar card, Electoral card, Pan card are some of the photo identity cards that you could upload.
- Most importantly, upload a document stating the reason for your movement and then tick the declaration box below that.
- Finish the process by clicking on the “Submit” button.
You will then receive a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number. If your application has been approved, your E pass will be sent to your registered mobile number. You can download it from there.
2. Traveling in and out of the Punjab State
In case you are going to be traveling in and out of the Punjab state or you will have to go through the Punjab state to reach elsewhere, then you will need to get an E-Registration done. The detailed process for applying for your E-registration is mentioned below-:
- Firstly, visit the official Punjab website here epasscovid19.pais.net.in.
- Now, click on the E-registration option and fill the application form that opens up.
- If you have taken the vaccination then select the “Vaccination” option, else if you have taken the RT-PCR test, click on the “RT-PCR” option. Whatever is the case, you will have to upload a document about your selected option.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete your registration.
A confirmation SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number. Your E pass will be sent to your registered mobile number, once your application has been approved. You can download it from there.
Register as a Frequent Traveler for Punjab E-pass
If you travel very frequently, then you will have to follow a different method for getting your Punjab E pass. Let me help you with that.
- First, open the official website of the Punjab Government.
- Click on the option “Register as a frequent traveler”.
- Fill in all the details in the application form that opens and upload your identity proof, passport size photograph, and address proof.
You will receive a confirmation SMS to your registered mobile number. Once your application has been verified and approved you will be permitted to move around for 30 days from the date of approval.
Registration Through the COVA App
To make things more accessible and easier, the Government of Punjab has come up with an application wherein you can apply for your Punjab E pass without any glitches. The procedure is quite simple, let me list it down for you.
- To begin with, first, download the COVA app from the Google Play store.
- The self-registration process will start immediately after you launch the app.
- Input all your information into it and upload the required documents.
- Re-check the form once and then click on the “Submit” option.
An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number confirming your application. Once your application has been approved you would receive a message to your registered mobile number with the Punjab E pass. You can download it and carry it with you while traveling.
How to Check your Application Status?
Once you have applied for your Punjab E pass, you can check its status on the COVA app or the official Punjab Government website. In either of these portals, you will have to follow the given steps to check your status.
- Open the official website of Punjab or launch your COVA App.
- Move to the “Punjab E pass status” option and enter your “Pass number” in the space provided.
- Your application status will be displayed on the screen.
Make sure to always carry your Punjab E pass while traveling in the state of Punjab. I hope by the end of this article you have got all the details about the Punjab E-Pass at your fingertips. If you have any doubts or queries, do jot them down in the comments section below. Thank you.