If you know a child who is meritorious yet cannot afford your fees, then let them know about the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. This scheme is launched by the Government of West Bengal to help poor students avail good education. There are a lot of benefits for the poor students under this scheme. To avail of the scheme, you need to apply online. If you want to know more about this policy, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
In this article, I am going to talk about various aspects of this scheme. I am going to touch upon the various aspects of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. You can go through all the important aspects of this scheme and then decide whether to apply or not. Apart from all this, I am also going to talk about how you can apply for this scheme, eligibility, and other characteristics of the scheme.
- 1 The objective of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 2 Application Process of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 3 The Selection Process of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 4 How To Renew your Application?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
The objective of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
This scheme has been launched by the West Bengal Government to help the poor students. Through this scheme, you can avail a lot of benefits for poor students. This is a scheme for those students who are competent enough to pursue a post-graduate degree, graduate degree, or high school education but lack the necessary finances. To help them pursue their further education. The West Bengal Government will help them by providing necessary financial support through this scheme. By this, the financial hardships of the people will be lessened.
1. Eligibility Criteria of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
This scheme is not for everybody. It has some minimum requirements to even apply for this scheme. In this after application, there is a selection process from which a certain number of candidates are selected under this scheme. The very basic eligibility criteria are as follows.
- The applicant should be a resident of West Bengal.
- The second criteria are that the student should come from a poor background. The income of the family should not be more than 250000.
- Students should have a minimum of 75% mark to avail scholarship in Higher secondary level to be eligible.
- The students who are wanting to pursue undergraduate should have a minimum of 75% marks (best of 5 subjects) in the secondary level examination.
- Students who are wanting to go for Postgraduate should have a minimum of 55% in the examination.
- Kanyashree applicants should have a minimum of 45% in the examination.
- Students wanting to study M-Phil cannot apply.
These are some of the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
Application Process of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
You have to apply for this scheme online. The application steps for this scheme are very simple and all you need to do is to observe and implement the steps carefully. Before that, I shall be talking about the various documents you require to complete the application.
1. Documents Required
- Domicile certificate of West Bengal
- Ration/voter card
- Bank Passbook first page for address proof
- Income certificate
- Higher secondary exam report card and certificate.
- 2 passport-size photos.
Make sure that you have all these documents before you proceed to apply for this scheme.
Now we shall discuss the procedure of application for this scheme.
2. How to Apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The application process for this scheme is to be done online. You can easily complete the process by following the process given below.
- First of all, go ahead and visit the official site.
- A new form will open up and you need to fill up the form.
- Go ahead and fill in all the details required.
- Fill in the details like mobile phone number, email address,
- After registration, you shall get a registration number consisting of 15 alphanumeric digits. This is also called the applicant ID.
- Now login using the password and ID. Also, enter the Captcha which is given.
- Go ahead and fill the form.
- Scan and upload the documents asked for in the form.
- After you have filled the whole form, do check if everything is filled in properly. Then go ahead and click on submit.
This is how you have to apply for the form.
3. How to Scan and Upload Documents?
To scan and upload any documents required in the form, follow these procedures.
- First of all, you need to install an app called Clear scan.
- After that go ahead and click on the camera icon down below.
- Take the picture of the required documents and send it to your own email.
- After that download it from your mail from your laptop.
- Go to the upload button of the form.
- A window will appear and then go to the quick access option.
- Generally, the file is in the first place and you need to click on it to upload it.
The Selection Process of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
The selection process for this scheme follows a certain set of rules. I am discussing the process below so that you can get an in-depth understanding of how this scheme works.
- First of all the committee sorts the application in descending order according to the marks the applicant has got.
- In this sorting, they also take into consideration their income criteria.
- The final merit list shall be made based on the income and the marks which the students have got.
- After the selection process, they will let you know if you are selected or not through the suitable medium.
- Then the money will be given to the registered bank account.
How To Renew your Application?
You also have to renew your application from time to time. For this, you need to again log into your account and choose your desired account. If you are wanting to renew your application, you have to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, visit the official site.
- Then you will see the option of applicant login option on the home page.
- After that go ahead and fill in the password and application ID under which you have registered.
- Give the details asked from you after that.
- You are now logged in and now you can again choose your desired scholarship.
This is how you are supposed to renew your application.
1. Helpline of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
If you are stuck while applying or need any further help, you can go ahead and use the following helpline.
phone number: +1800-102-8014.
1. How to apply for this scheme?
You need to apply online for this scheme by going to the official site.
2. Who is eligible for this scheme?
People who are permanent residents of West Bengal. Apart from that, the candidate should come from a poor background.
I hope you got to know a lot of things about the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. Apart from this, I hope you got the answer to all your questions. You can also use the helpline for other inquiries.